Hanoi 14.02.2018 - 16.02.2018

A lady buying a basket





In one of the temples, I saw a sacrifice for Lunar New Years




From inside a temple


Around Hanoi

More streets of Hanoi




Hairdressers on the streets were pretty commonplace




In all honesty, someone at my hostel told me to go to the lake as it was very beautiful. So I walked an hour to this lake only to realise that they meant the one five minutes away from where I was staying... It was still pretty though.





There were flowers being solfon the street




There was a cute dog - of course I was going to get my camera out for that



I just thought this was a very pretty vase.



So on New Years, they burn paper versions of objects to send to dead loved ones (I only know this because of Jack Whitehall's "Travels with my Father" tbh). This lady was burning fake money and she let me take a photo of it. 





This is the lake I was meant to go to; it had a red bridge going to a temple in the middle. The surroundings were very pretty as well.


On the top of the rock was a shrine to pray towards. The grandpa and the grandson were climbing down from it. I just thought it looked very endearing.




This was part of the shrine that the grandpa grandson pairing were climbing down from. I was trying to get the boy in the corner in the shot but I was too slow.

On the railroad you could freely walk across




My phone died and I was trying to make my way back to my hostel. Somewhere along the way, I found an area(around another lake) with little stalls full of art and people writing caligraphy.




Siblings looking across a pond




There was a street selling all the New Year's nick nacks



Lanterns for Lunar New Years